As the cold wind starts to get warm and the sun finally welcoming the fun that signals the summer has begun, it might take its toll on your oily skin. For people blessed with the oily type of skin, summer also means sebaceous glands are out of control causing acne and other skin conditions. Thankfully they can be prevented. Here we discuss how to avoid oily skin during summer.
But first, why do excessive oil occur during summer? In order for us to avoid the condition is to get to know how it happens. Well, the number one reason might just be because your parents passed them on to you. Second, is seasonal changes. The skin just hates it when the weather changes and may need more weeks for it to adapt to the surrounding. Another reason might be hormonal change, especially during pregnancy or during your period. These stages of women’s life cause the sebaceous gland to work more than the usual therefore producing more oil. And another factor might be stress which affects almost all body processes. Now that we know the causes, we know how to prevent oily skin during the summer and even the whole year round.
Basic Skin Care tips to prevent oily skin:
1. Cleanse your skin with lukewarm water which dissolves oil effectively and fast. This routine will also help clean your skin from dirt and impurities which may clog your pores. And speak of cleansing, this should be done regularly, twice a day. Note that when your overdo cleansing, it can also cause the sebaceous gland to produce more oil.
2. Exfoliate properly by not scrubbing the oil and moisture off your skin. This routine is recommended two to three times a week only.
3. Face masks are the oily skin’s best friend. This is an important routine if you want to avoid oily skin this summer. Face masks help soak in the oil that the skin may produces excessively. It also removes bacteria that may cause skin conditions that might damage the skin. Also, face masks are kind of soothing so it kind of helps prevent stress which we have establish can cause the skin to produce more oil.
4. Some skin experts say that oily skin can also be attributed to using too much make up. This summer, you wont really need that much foundation or highlighter, and it is trendy to go low on your make up with the sun shining at its brightest falling more light on your face. The only thing that you need this season, really sunblock.
5. No matter how strongly you feel about the beauty of your skin, try your hardest not to excessively touch it. Summer is when bacteria also comes out to play, and some of them might find their way into your hands and then your face which may result to outbreak. If there is one risk that comes with having an oily face, it is occasionally having acne breakouts.
Pay attention to your skin more often especially during this season. Try to avoid what aggravates your skin condition. Stick to the routine that works for you. How to prevent oily skin this summer should be a habit and it should come easy.