New Years Eve is just around the corner! This calls for champagne, confetti, and fancy outfits. If you’re planning to crash a party this New Year’s, you’re probably dreading how last year’s midnight mania went down with makeup streaming down your face. You want to be with your friends and family when the clock hits twelve, not in the washroom fixing your makeup. Fret not, because that won’t happen this time. Here are a few easy to follow tips that should set your makeup solid for the entire night!
1. Exfoliate and moisturize your skin and your lips: You should definitely get an at home DIY facial done before you start preparing for the party. Use a gentle scrub or a skin brush that will help remove dead skin cells and dry skin. Once you’ve exfoliated, you’re all set to moisturize. These two steps will help create a canvas to help set your makeup. Do not forget to exfoliate your lips and moisturize them. If you’re going to put on some lipstick you will want smooth skin with an un-flaky feel. It also helps the color stay on longer.
2. Primer Pre-game: Primer is the most important step to holding your makeup together in one place. Primers reduce the visibility of pores and they mattify your skin. The L.A. Girl Pro Prep primer is perfect to help create a smooth appearance and it also provides a great surface for your foundation. It contains Vitamin E and diffusing particles that allow your skin to bear a flawless finish. It is lightweight, free of parabens and fragrance and it is very easy to apply.
3. Layer Cream and Under Powder: To get an amazing contour and highlights that stays in place, you can double up using your favorite liquid cream product and then follow it up with your favorite powder. If you want a bold look, this helps make the shades more saturated.
4. Lip Liner to fill your lips: Lip liners help create a barrier around your lips that stop the lipstick from spreading out or feathering. Carefully shade the top and bottom of your lips with the liner and then color inside with a bold shade. This will provide better staying power.
5. Translucent Powder to set: At this stage, you will need to lightly apply a translucent powder that will help set all of the makeup in place. This should be applied prominently on your T-Zone and you may use it on your under eyes as well. We recommend using the L.A. girl translucent finishing powder. It will help set your foundation and it will mattify the skin. It is made from 100 percent mineral silica and it is a versatile tool in helping set your makeup for long party nights. It lets off a glowing and radiant look all through the night.
6. Finish with a setting spray: Finally, you will need to use a spray to finish off and hold that makeup in place for the longest amount of time, especially when you’re about to travel to a destination. We recommend using the L.A.Girl Pro Setting Spray after applying your makeup. This is a mist with a non-sticky, lightweight formula that helps set makeup for all day or all nightwear. It consists of an ultra fine mist that refreshes your skin and dries up quickly. It is both fragrance and paraben free and can do wonders to help your makeup stay on longer.
Follow these tips and you should not have any trouble holding your makeup throughout your New Year’s Eve Party!